Thursday, June 22, 2006

My Dylan

I figured since I mentioned my friend Dylan I would talk a little about him. This is him :) We met about 7 years ago when I was working at his fathers restaurant. He moved to the beach to help out with the business and we made quick friends. It's always hard to find someone that is a real free spirit and up for any adventure so when we met it was an instant connection. I'm pretty sure we hadn't even been friends a month when I invited him to go to Mexico with a couple of friends and I. At that time my friends and I would go to Mexico often because one of them had a condo that we stayed at for free. Him and I ended up leaving for Mexico earlier than anyone else and by the time we drove the 5 1/2 hours we were so comfortable that we stayed in the same room even though we were in a three bedroom, two story condo. Cut to years later and even though both of our lives have changes enormously we are still really close. He is one of 6 people and my only friend that I tell I love. When my grandmother died he's the only person I would talk to about it. I thought I was doing fine then suddenly a couple days after the funeral I called him sobbing, which I am not a crier, and all I could say was that I needed him. The very next day he packed a bag and rode the train up to be with me. That is just how he is. Through all the life changes he's helped me stay grounded and is always there with praise and reassurance. When he tells me I can do something I actually believe him. The one person that has never looked at me like I'm a little crazy :) He's always allowed me to be myself and encouraged my dreams. So this entry is for Dylan... my only hope is that I can be even a percentage of a friend that he is to me. I love my friend with all my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home