Friday, June 23, 2006

Being a kid forever


my friend and I have been staying with his sister and her husband in Connecticut. This is their eldest son Timmy. Today he turned two years old. I have grown to just adore him and his brothers Liam and Patrick, who are 6 month old twin boys. (yes, it is a house full :) this is my first real day to day, hands on experience with children and it's been great. To see the sheer joy and amazement on there faces has been an eye opener. The last picture of Timmy was a day we all went to the park and if I remember right, Timmy has seen a bird. A bird... he was mesmerized. That same day we walked around the pond in the park and talked to bullfrogs. A reminder to stop, enjoy and don't take yourself too seriously. I try and remind myself of these things but it's easy to lose site. So here are some things that will help me... day dream out the window, swing, watch cartoons, play with toys, gather with friends and serve cupcakes, play in the rain, talk to people while upside down, try new foods, hug my friends and family, laugh so hard my feet fly straight in the air and be curious for life. Cheers to being a kid at heart forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home