Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Feet and Friends...


Just one of the many reasons why my friends are cool. Semi recently I started taking pictures of my feet when I traveled. You know, a "here i am" , kind of way to capture a moment. It may seem weird but for some reason I really like it. So instead of laughing at me and telling me how stupid an idea it was, my friends joined in. How great are they? The three bare feet are Theresa, Sue and I, starting from the left, here in Connecticut. We were at a family member of darrin's, lake house on the dock. The boots are Darrin's feet after we did our "walking tour" of New York. We all met in Mississippi when we volunteered for the American Red Cross after hurricane Katrina (some day ill share some of those stories). We haven't all seen each other for about 7 1/2 months so it was awesome when they drove in Sunday. That night we went out to the lake, darrin BBQ'ed, and we sat up all night talking. The next day we jumped in the jeep, got breakfast at a cute little grill in town, then headed to the train station and went into New York. Darrin grew up in CT., so he was our tour guide, we walked for about 6 hours non-stop, seeing everything we could. It was the best day! We ended it eating outside at a restaurant overlooking the Brooklyn bridge... fire works and all. Exhausted, we took the train back to CT. and drove back out to the lake. The next day they headed for home, which was sad, but the visit was wonderful. I really needed a little kick in the pants and their visit was just that. Sometimes you forget how great an experience was and how much you care about the people you met along the way. I have met some of the best people in the last year... knowing them has truly changed my life. Here's my reminder to be a better friend and let them know that they really to touch my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home